Red Seal Carpenter
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position involves all aspects of your carpentry toolbelt. From foundations to framing to finishing, you’ll be working with a dedicated team that cares as much about craftsmanship as you do.
In your role with thinkBright, you will work with our team to:
- construct new homes to Step 5 of the BC Energy Step Code
- implement Deep Energy Retrofits including replacement of windows and doors, over-insulation, and air-sealing.
- help to build and be part of a company-wide team approach to construction.
The Essential Qualifications: This position requires, at minimum, 3 years residential construction work experience as a carpenter.
If you also have building science, green building, and/or energy efficiency expertise, that makes you an extra-great fit for this position!
- You are a journeyman (or woman) carpenter with at least 3 years residential construction experience.
- You may have education and/or experience in energy efficient construction and/or building science.
- You are capable of and have experience with all aspects of residential construction from foundations to finishing. In short, you can build a house!
- You have the ability to communicate via email and/or text during regular working hours.
- You have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- You are physically capable of the regular duties of construction.
Wages commensurate with experience, and will be a living wage for our region. We offer an excellent health and benefits package.
This is a full-time position.
Please email your 1 page cover letter telling us why you are a great fit with thinkBright Homes, your resume, and at least 2 relevant references. We may contact your references prior to requesting an interview.