New Energy Efficient Home
2130 Westside Park View
Superior Energy Performance
This highly functional 4 bedroom home is built to meet visitable accessibility, age-in-place, and full life cycle needs. And it’s at least 40% more energy efficient than a similar home built to typical BC Building Code standard.
Energy efficiency features include:
- 100% LED lighting
- Super insulated, thick wall construction and triple pane windows – keeps the heat out in summer and the heat in in winter. Keeps the house quiet, too!
- Combined energy efficient air source heat pump allows for cost effective heating and cooling, with smart board back up for extreme cold weather
- Energy efficient heat recovery ventilator (HRV) keeps the air in the home fresh and clean
- Appliances are Energy Star rated for water and energy efficiency
- The home is solar ready – this means that the roof structure and electrical system in the home are ready for installation of solar panels whenever you are!
Design features include:
- 4 bedrooms, master walk-in closet
- 1,500 sq ft, 140 m2
- Accessible main floor bedroom, laundry, bathroom, and entry way
- Modern styled doors throughout
- Custom Douglas Fir woodwork throughout the home
- Hand finished wood flooring
- Shaded west-facing deck onto quiet back yard allows for cool outdoor space in summer and warm in spring and fall
- Garage has a large shop/storage area
Accessibility features include:
- A gentle ramp access to the main floor of the home – good for kids, strollers, people of all ages with mobility challenges.
- Full bath, kitchen, bedroom, and laundry plumbing connections on the main floor – single floor living in a two-storey home!
- Bathrooms are structurally designed to accept shower and toilet support bars.